Georgie here and I am so excited to finally get the chance to introduce you to our Feature Artist for October. Welcome IrinaR of Handmade by Irina Rakovets!!
Irina is an amazing crafter. She is a wowzers-style mixed media artist with such an eye for texture, layers and detail.
I think you will all agree that Irina is a creative force to be reckoned with and I am so proud of the project she put together for our current challenge "31 Days of Halloween"! Feast your eyes on this!! Her 3D back to front canvas is jaw dropping to say the least, so much texture, great use of layering and colours - don't you just love that speckled use of orange?!!. This has for me, Halloween down to a tee!
Here is a little more about Irina:
I am Irina Rakovets - many people know me under the name IrinaR (my blog Скрап-ХоббиМания). I live with my family in a picturesque corner of the Gulf of Finland, near St. Petersburg.
For about three years as a scrap came into my life and is not going to leave. We can not say that I am an adherent of any one style, although very much like Vintage, Shabby, but Steampunk attracts me, especially because lately I've been very fond of the paint, so often my work can not do without the mix-media. You could say that I was "scrap omnivorous": I like to make albums and notebooks, canvases, pages and greeting cards, and even my last love - tags.
I would be very happy if my work will inspire you.
This month I have the honor to be invited to the designer of a very interesting and creative Challenge Blog Аnything But Cute and inspire with CHALLENGE HOSTESS - Sara Emily in CHALLENGE THEME:
That's my job - altered canvas Art.
Now, a more or less detailed description of the process.
1. I used to make my canvas size 15х20sm, and as usual it backwards.
2. primed with acrylic primer on both sides.
3. Use the template (stars) and texture paste applied pattern. Glued the net (imitation cobweb)
4. Examples of suitable and pasted on chipbord (home of the pumpkin and cut herself from the beer carton)
5. All the meticulously painted with black acrylic primer.
6. It seemed to me that chipbord looks like something inexpressive, so for a more pronounced texture I added texture paste craquelure and texture paste with glass beads.
7. Then again, covered with black acrylic and add orange accents. The windows and the month after painting acrylic, flooded-glossy accent. I use acrylic paint "gold of the Incas", finger (I also do do not urge, I just so convenient) color the projecting parts of the canvas (composition).
8. glued the remaining chipbord and apply black acrylic orange accents.
A bat is glued to a piece of the overlay, and then the inside of the canvas.
9. And so finished canvas.
Inspiration to you.
31 Days of Halloween!
You have until the 4th of November to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Anything But Cute design team by clicking on the challenge link.