Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 12, 2015

WINNERS - Challenge #6 - 31 Days of Halloween

Sara Emily here, and I'm having to write the most difficult post I've ever had to write. Most of you know how much passion I have for Halloween, and I was totally blown away by the number of you that share that passion. Your enthusiasm came through loud and clear with all of your amazing haunting entries. I was so impressed with the creative ways you found to include the # 31 on your projects. Choosing a winner wasn't hard, because they were ALL winners in my book, but narrowing it down to only one was next to impossible.

After tossing and turning for a couple of nights, flipping coins, revisiting all your blogs, and working the problem out on paper, I came to the conclusion that the winner is:

WINNER: # 24 Lynn Price
Lynn used so many techniques to create this eerie scene. Her rotten skull is amazing, and the candle and the roses just sealed the deal for me. It looks as if her elements are surfacing out of a thick fog. If you haven't had a chance to see this exceptional mystifying journal page up close, please be sure to visit her blog. You will be amazed how this was created!

Congratulations Lynn! Pamellia will be contacting you via email to send you your personalized winner's badge and details about being our Guest Designer for our next challenge!

***
And for my Runner(s)-Up!


# 4 Nicole Wright

One word. WOW! Just look at the way these houses glow! Lots of great Halloween details on these that must be seen up close to truly appreciate! I love how Nicole incorporated her # 31 using those letterpress blocks! Her passion for Halloween transferred to this pair of Haunted dwellings, and I could almost hear her chuckling to herself as she crafted these!

and

# 15 Jackie P Neal

I'm pretty sure Jackie took a photo of me and stuck it on this gorgeous, colorful, textural Halloween tag, because I looked just like this witch pretty much the month of October, as I fought back the flu. What a fabulous background with clever use of products! I have to give her a big round of applause for every single spooky detail, but the scaly snake just stole my creepy heart!

***
Now on to our DT Favourites



Branka's Favourite#14 Kerstin F.
This fantastic altered book has stolen my heart! I am amazed by so many awesome details wonderfully arranged, creating such an unique and spooky piece of art! 


Cec's Favourite - #14 Kerstin F.
I also chose this fantastic altered book.  I think it is so clever of Kerstin to carve out the pages to provide niches for her spooky scenes.  The colour palette is perfect for the theme as are all the great Halloween-themed elements that she added.


Georgie's Favourite - 26 Suzz's Stamping Spot

I just adore this tag, the colours are perfectly Halloween. Gorgeous layers with the bingo card and string, and of course the beautiful owl. The way the ribbon has been used to complement the colours is fab and great use of asymmetry! A little project but big on wow!!


Niki's Favourite -#3 Wendy K
This book caught my attention right quick! There are so many wonderful pages, full of Halloween goodness. Poe is my favorite page, although all of the pages are awesome sauce. The details and different elements are what made this my favorite.


Pamellia's Favourites
10. Julia Aston
I just fell in love with Julia's spooky Halloween window box! It's fun and wonky and her techniques creating textures are just amazing! If you would like to see how she put this together, click on her name, she has lots of in process shots so you can watch her create!

12. valerie-Jael
Valerie's tag just jumped off the page to me! The contrast of the black and orange in fantastic and so perfect for Halloween! I love all the little details she included, like that creepy little spider on the broom stick! Well done!


Samra's Favourite#28 Evelyn Walter
Gorgeous transformation of a serving tray with such great idea of eerie yet beautiful and dark make.

***
Honourable Mentions


7. Deb Riddell             8. chrissie             11. Paradise Lost              22. Lisa H
      

***
A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Cec's current challenge "IT'S ORNAMENTAL"! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

15 comments:

  1. My congrats and thanks so much Branka and Cec, that makes me totally happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All amazing projects and thank you for choosing mine as one of the honourables

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sara Emily, it must have been incredibly difficult to choose with so many great entries! Great choices by the team too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very difficult! I'm happy to see the team's choices...these were some of my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Pamellia for choosing my pumpkin windowbox as your fav - I had so much fun creating that - and congrats to all those chosen here! what a fun challenge Sara Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all, and thanks for choosing mine as a fave, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! What a beautiful surprise! Thank you Samra for choosing my project as your favourite! I´m very honoured.
    Congrats to all the other winners, well deserved all your beautiful work <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners and the HMs! Thank you to Georgie for highlighting my Hallowen tag! An unexpected and lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Sara Emily! Thank you so much for this incredible, surprising honor!! I was floored - and cannot wait to present something as a Guest Designer soon. Wow - still happy-dancing :-)
    xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most certainly welcome! I loved the "fog", among so manyother things about your journal page. Looking forward to seeing what you will create as our Guest!

      Delete
  9. Congrats to everyone!! Well done to all who entered!
    It is no wonder you had such a haunting, oops I mean-daunting task!! teehee
    Ans see what I get for using your photo? I too am down for the count with some sort of bug-ohh poo!
    Just had to pop in long enough to grab my badge to display proudly, then back to resting for me!!
    Thanks a ga-zillion for choosing mine as the runner up,I am totally syked!!
    (virtual) hugs all around,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the HM! There were so many amazing entries that this truly is an honor to be selected. Congrats to all the winners and HM's.
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for the honorable mention! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for the shout out! WOOHOO...Congrats all :)

    ReplyDelete