Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 5, 2016

Challenge #10 - Grungy Love

Hello Everyone!

Sara Emily  here and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. I'm sending out a huge thank you to all you talented artists, new and seasoned, who participated in Anne's Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge last month.  It was great fun to see how you used your new goodies! Don't forget to check back with us next Friday when Anne and the team announce the winners of the Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

I was inspired to come up with this month's theme, because masculine projects are often the most difficult for most of us.  Maybe this challenge will help you make something for that special man in your life. But, it could be for a favorite female friend or relative, too! After all, girls like grunge, too!

GRUNGY LOVE


To celebrate St. Valentine's Day, we would like to see you make a Grungy Valentine's project for your sweetheart!  It can be a card, tag, or anything else you might give a loved one to show them how much you care. Just be sure it's grungy!

***
And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

Anne - Redanne
For my sweetheart's Valentine I used a wood base, lots of paint in his favourite colours, some random stamping and a grungy crackled heart and some 'industrial' embellishing.


Branka - Vintage Handmade
I made this grungy Valentine card for my husband and I used some puzzle pieces to create the heart. I also used some metal corners and such from the garage, some Idea-ology embellishments, a bottle cap, metal roses, chicken wire and a lot of different pastes, paints and powders to create this.


Cec - CW Card Creations
I have created a grungy valentine card with a few feminine touches.  There is lots of ink smooshing, spraying and spritzing along with texture paste, stenciling, altered metals and a dose of crackle.


Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts
I mended my friends broken heart (artistically speaking) and created this canvas to remind her that her "Destination is Unknown" for love right now but she will find the perfect guy one day. Texture paste, stencils, stamps, and Colour Arte silks helped create this design. As well as some little hook things I found in with my new sewing machine. Carpe Diem!


Pamellia - My Little Craft Things
I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to put together a Valentine's card for my hubby. Lots of ink sprays, paints and crackle glaze...and of course dimension. It just wouldn't feel right if I didn't add a flower or two, so I grunged them up as well!


Samra - Paper Talk with Samra
I used Heart Stencil, texture paste, distress paint and ink to create my heart background and embellished the card with various ephemera trinkets and such.


Sara Emily - Sarascloset
I upcycled an old candy box, a necklace chain and a tag from a water heater to make this grungy gift box.  I used gesso, paints, embossing powders, sprays. inks, and mediums to make my paper to cover the box and and  to make and alter my embellishments.

***

Wow, ladies!  You sure do know the way to a grungy girl's heart!  Your grungy projects are just so novel and sure to please that special someone! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to get messy  this month and make a grungy card, tag, or whatever you want to make for someone special for Valentine's Day! Please be sure it's GRUNGY -- as you can see from our samples, any color will work!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Guest Designer for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until March 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!


24 comments:

  1. Wow! each one is so special....so much to see and admire! Loads of texture and grunge, surely kicked to play along. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my teamies really got their grunge on for this theme! Thank you for such amazing inspiration! I will be visiting each one of your blogs to read and see all the details! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the grungy hearts! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love how you were all inspired by your "Grungy Love" challenge and what a great theme. Love the array of colours textures and designs from the DT. Thank you. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars and garters... you girls.... whew. Always pushing me way out of my comfort zone. I don't think I have ever done anything grungy... and if I did - I don't think I did it on purpose!!! And GRUNGY LOVE... hehehehehe - seriously wild (at least in my day)!!!! You have all done FABULOUS works of INSPIRATION here. They are all just BRILLIANT in their own GRUNGILICIOUS way. Ok soooo.... as I was typing I was thinking - what in the world can I do for this challenge. And I just remembered that hubby brought me something the other day (sweet) but I thought - what in the world was he thinking!!! Hmmmmmmmm - did one of you whisper GRUNGY LOVE to him??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XX j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great theme and some delicious inspiration from you all. Fab creations. I look forward to joining in with the fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading all the blog posts to see how these creations were made - fabulous techniques everyone! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic inspirations and a lovely, wonderful theme, just right for me :-)Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely FABULOUS "Grungy" works of art from the DT!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy you ladies liked my theme this month, and I can't wait to come visit each one of your blogs as you enter this month! I just know there's going to be some awesome inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the beautiful grunginess shared by the DT members. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arnoldo, and Happy Valentine's to you too!

      Delete
  12. Absolutely amazing samples...!!! Thank you for this new challenge, I don't think that I will have time to join in this time unfortunately I'm really too busy and this is school holidays moreover here in France.. :) But looks like a great idea, very tempting!! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next month Coco, we miss seeing your work! hugs :)

      Delete
    2. Just linking a little entry Pamellia! :D
      Thank you so much for your kindness.
      Hugs :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome inspirations ladies!
    This is my first try at getting grungy so if it doesn't fit that category completely I apologise. Please let me know when you visit, any help or advice is very welcome lol!
    Thanks for the great challenge too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creations ladies for your grungy love challenge. Thank you for the inspiration for this cracker of a challenge and will be adding my creation in the next few days...Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous work from such gorgeous, lovely ladies!! Love seeing your makes they are always so inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing work girls! I am visiting your blogs for closer look! you are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great inspiration from the DT and loving the theme. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing creations from all the members! Have linked my project too :)
    Now moving to your blogs to look upon the details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do so love dipping into your blog. You have fabulous and very inspirational designers and I thank you very much for giving me the confidence to try different things x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fabulous projects by the super talented design team . Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your creativity x

    ReplyDelete