Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 5, 2016

Challenge #17 - Friendship

Hello Everyone!

Branka here and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. First, I would like to thank everyone who participated in Lisa's amazing 'Shabby Garden Mood Board' challenge last month with all their fabulous shabby garden projects! It was a pleasure to see all your gorgeous entries! Don't forget to check back with us next Monday when Lisa and the team announce the winners of the 'Shabby Garden Mood Board' challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

I believe that friendship is one of the most important things in our life and that everyone needs a good friend to count on. We all have at least one really good friend who we love and cherish. So, this challenge theme is dedicated to our lovely friends.

FRIENDSHIP

Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between two or more people. We want you to show us a mixed media creation that's inspired by friendship. You can create anything, from tags to art journal pages but make sure it's a mixed media piece. Let's celebrate friendship together!

***
And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

Anne - Redanne
Hmm, what has this got to do with friendship?  My lovely friend Sandy and I have been blog friends for a few years now and we love to send cards/projects/gifts to each other.  Sandy very kindly sent me the new Tim Holtz Village Manor die (how lucky am I!) and since we share a love of Halloween, I have made this little scene to send back to her, I hope she likes it!

Autumn - Sew Paper Paint
Very few people can say they have had a best friend since before they can remember, but I am in that lucky minority.  My friend Trish remembers our first meeting from kindergarten, when I can't remember that far back!  We've been thick as thieves since.  Good times and bad, she's stuck by my side and had my back.  My DT photo here at Anything But Cute comes from this pic of me happy as can be, because that's how I feel when we are together (and how I feel about being on this fabulous team).  <3

Branka - Vintage Handmade
Dogs are man's best friend. They are simply awesome and do all of the little things that put smiles on our faces. They give you love, support, understanding and most of all they are loyal. I decided to create an art journal page about our pet friends. I used an old book as a journal, some texture paste, my Decoart media products, a stencil, an old photo from Tim Holtz collection and some frames to create my project.

Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts
I love Branka's theme of friendship! I created this textured reverse-canvas for one of my oldest friends, celebrating some of her favorite things: nature, flowers, owls and traveling! I included a clock to symbolize the duration of our friendship and incorporated her favorite colors of pink and blue!

Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts
While creating a new flower garden in the back yard, my friend and I discovered this hidden treasure. We decided to call it "Mortem Lectulo (latin for "death bed"). The outside is beautifully creepy but when we opened the coffin it revealed a delightful surprise. I believe this was made using chalky paint, distress paint, and some artisan powder la chapeliere and other things, but we are still investigating and researching this pixie coffin. Carpe Diem!

Sara Emily-sarascloset
What a lovely and timely theme chosen by our dear Branka! Since my little girl has headed off to college, I wanted to make her a photo frame to hold photos of her besties to keep on her desk. Until she chooses which photos to put in it, I thought I'd offer her a little freshman advice in the meantime. I altered this tiny folding frame (it's just 4 inches tall) using gesso, Distress paints, inks and sprays, and texture paste as my wet media. And as always, there's always two sides to every story. Check out the rest on my blog.

***
Wow, what a truly inspirational and absolutely beautiful range of projects created by my super talented teamies! It's a feast for the eyes! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to celebrate friendship with us and to create your wonderful mixed media piece that shows all the love for your dear friends! 

The winner will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until October 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!


10 comments:

  1. Branka, I am so thrilled to create for your wonderful theme, and I see such amazing inspiration from our teamies here! Well done and such a diverse interpretation of the theme! I can't wait to see each one up close, but will have to wait for another day! We are back in the car for another day of travel! big hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sara! Safe travels, my friend! Big hugs! Branka xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much teamies for all your fantastic creations! They are all spectacular! Hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Branka, I LOVE your theme this month and it was wonderful creating something for a special friend, so thank you!! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely challenge, good friends are indeed so precious.Lovely DT work from you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic makes from you all ladies!! Thank-you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comments, ladies! We can't wait to see what you will make for this challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations by the DT!! What a great theme to honour our friends! Thanks so much for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work and very useful and helpful blog about the mixed media well done and keep it up.
    art journaling

    ReplyDelete