Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Feature Artist - An Autumn Day - Welcome Zubaida!

Hello Everyone!

Lisa here, and I'm so excited to introduce you to our Feature Artist for October! She was the runner up for my Shabby Garden Mood Board challenge in August! Please help me welcome Zubaida from ColorPaperScissors!

I've been a huge fan of Zub's for a long time! Whether she's creating a mixed media project like the incredibly gorgeous and textured tag she made for the August challenge, bringing an image to life in color, or simply creating a beautiful card, all of her projects are exquisitely designed with attention to detail and an eye for beauty! There really isn't anything she can't do!

Zub has created a stunning canvas for Autumn's An Autumn Day challenge that showcases her amazing style and creativity! Check out this beauty!

***
Hello friends!
I am extremely delighted to be invited as a guest 'Featured Artist' here at "Anything But Cute" Challenge and I would like to say a big THANKS to Pamellia and her Team for the invitation. 


My name is Zubaida and I blog over at ColorPaperScissors. I started with paper crafting since 2012 and its been a wonderful ride ever since.I am honored to be here with my guest post at 'Anything But Cute' mixed media challenges.


I love this month's chosen theme 'An Autumn Day'. The beautiful autumn colors are here to give us inspiration to create lovely projects. I have taken these colors as an inspiration for my Reverse Canvas project.

I started on the back of a plain white canvas, covering the edges of the canvas by cork ribbon for a wooden look. I then added texture paste through a Dina Wakley 'Jungle' stencil to create a forest background look.

Next, I measured the inside dimension of my canvas and trimmed a patterned paper to be pasted inside. I also applied a thin layer of gesso, added additional texture paste and glued ' Holiday Green' die cut from sizzix, inked with distress inks.

I have also glued some fabric leaves after inking and spraying them with different shades of orange and red for the autumnal look.

The bottom part is covered with heavyweight card stock, after stamping and inking and then applying crackle paste to it. Some more texture paste here and there and then glued my patterned paper inside.

As I wanted to create an autumn scene, I cut out silhouette of a couple with my cameo and painted it with black gesso.

Finally, I embellished my canvas by adding micro beads, pearls, jute ribbon, butterfly resin icon with heavy gel medium and placed the couple in the front.

I hope my autumn look day will be 'A memory that lasts forever'!!!

Here are some close ups

I hope that you all enjoyed my autumn themed project.

Thank you Pamellia once again for giving me the opportunity of being a guest this month. I really enjoyed sharing my project here :)

***
WOW, what a stunning canvas with incredible color and texture! It's the perfect representation of an Autumn day! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us today, Zub! It's been a pleasure to have you here!

I hope you are as inspired as I am and will join in the fun for Autumn's challenge, An Autumn Day!

You have until the 4th of November to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Anything But Cute design team by clicking on the challenge link.

Happy Crafting
Lisa :)

10 comments:

  1. Very Happy to see Zubaida as featured Artist here ! Awesome Autumn themed canvas !I loved the textures on it a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Zubaida, your reverse canvas is just gorgeous!! I love all the vibrant autumn colours, and the silhouettes really pop in the black! Your texture is amazing, I love the use of microbeads to add that extra bit of wow! Thank you so much for the tutorial and for spending the day with us here as our Feature Artist. This is truly inspiring! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Zubaida for joining us with this amazing inspiration! I just love your work with these silhouettes and this is no exception! Gorgeous process with gorgeous results. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Zubaida, your reverse canvas is so full of wonderful autumnal colours and texture! I love the stencilling on the right side and the gorgeous fabric leaves to the left. The silhouette couple looks amazing too. Thanks so much for sharing the step by steps too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful and so creative Zubaida. The colors are just gorgeous and definitely portray fall perfectly. What a SUPER Featured Artist post. Thanks bunches for sharing your gorgeous artwork. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly beautiful and so creative Zubaida. The colors are just gorgeous and definitely portray fall perfectly. What a SUPER Featured Artist post. Thanks bunches for sharing your gorgeous artwork. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Zub, gorgeous MM projects, thanks for sharing the steps here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your lovely words :) It was an honor to be featured here at 'Anything But Cute'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing fall piece of artwork, Zubaida! The colors and textures are perfect for 'An Autumn Day"! Thank you for being our Feature Artist this month and for your wonderful step by step! It is great to see how this lovely reverse canvas came together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! That is beautiful. Love, love, love x

    ReplyDelete